Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad........Love, Trayvon




Dear Mom and Dad,
I am no longer with you, and I miss you all so much.  I know you know what happened to me...I was murdered by someone who mistook me for a thug.  He didn't realize that you all had raised me to be an honest young man, who loved his family and God.  He couldn't have known that I was an A and B student in school.  That I had dreams and goals.  He didn't know me, so he had no idea that I loved football, baseball, basketball, horseback riding, math, and science.  I loved hanging out with my family and friends, listening to music and talking for hours on the phone with my girlfriend.

I was walking back from the store and was talking on the phone.  I had a feeling that this man was following me, so I slowed down a little bit, and he slowed down.  I got a little scared, but I didn't want to run because I thought that running would only make him follow me more.  So, I started walking faster, and he eventually caught up with me.  I turned around, and asked him why was he following me.  He asked me what was I doing here?  I said that I am going home, and then he reached for me and grabbed me.  I swing away from him, and started yelling for help, hoping and praying that someone would hear me, and come out and get me away from this crazy man.  He pulled out a gun, and shot me.  No one came to my aid.

When the bullet hit me, it felt like a truck had hit me while going about 100 miles per hour.  I could feel my chest exploding, and felt my blood oozing.  I tried to breathe, but I just couldn't seem to catch my breath.  Eventually nothing came out...and my eyes rolled back into my head, and I remember falling.  But I didn't hit the hard ground.

Mommy and Dad, there were angels all around me in beautiful, pure white robes.  They slowly lifted me and I began to feel as if my inner core, my soul was rising up with them.  They were singing this beautiful song that could have only come from some celestial place.  Some place of perfect peace.  All my pain and hurt disappeared.  I am in Heaven now. 

Mom, I see you every night crying when you lay down to go to sleep.  I see you too, Dad.  Don't cry for me, I am doing fine.  Heaven is a wonderful place, and everyday is a day of joy and happiness.  I know that you and everybody misses me, but I will see you all one day.  I am counting on it.  I know that you all wanted to see me graduate from high school and college, and get married.  I wanted that too.  I wanted to go to the prom this year.  I wanted to play on the football team at school.  I wanted so much, but God wanted me too.

I do have some requests of you all and everyone who reads this letter that I am writing to you.  Please, please, please do not let what happened to me, happen to any other 17 year-old African-American male.  In fact, don't let this happen to anyone.  Create a movement that will make people not judge us by the color of our skin.  Create a movement that will cause our nation to look at how they treat people.  Create a love movement.  Create a justice movement.  Create something that makes people remember me forever and a day.  My life may have been short, but make it stand for something. 

I love you Mom and Dad, and thank you for everything.  Remember my smile, remember my laugh, remember me as your loving son.  I may be gone, but my spirit is with you.

Love,

Trayvon

No comments:

Post a Comment